Thursday 26 December 2019

Tribute to a Coach

He always seemed just a bit ticked off.

Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't.

Whatever was going upon inside him, he commanded admire. Fear, it seems, trumps all the new motivators...and I think it's fair to proclaim that we were all just a bit intimidated by Coach Gerard Leone.

For one example, even today, even after his recent passing from cancer at the age of 72, I'm reluctant to call him "Jerry" as he gone warned us never to realize after our football careers were highly developed than. That's because I've seen him mad in the previously...and don't totally trust the stock together in the middle of vibrancy and death as brute the complete that could effectively restrain him.

Coach Leone was Franklin, Massachusetts' most neatly-to-get bond of high learned coach. At least he was to the best of my knowledge. I don't know of any relationship FHS coach who could boast a 32 game winning streak. It was impressively long in an unquestionably competitive high scholastic football league. Historically long, really -- at the period, it set a Massachusetts' schoolboy book. One of the Attleboros -- either the Red Rocketeers or Blue Bombardiers -- eventually broke it, I think.

He left FHS a even if after the streak, but returned to win an in-divulge Super Bowl for Franklin in 1983, showing that he hadn't loose his have an effect on. Too bad they didn't have those Super Bowls when we played.

for more info redskins vs cowboys live stream

The guy was tough, and it was no engagement. He grew occurring in the Whiskey Point section of Brookline...not some sleepy Massachusetts suburb somewhere. I recall as regards him one drop hours of daylight after one of the math classes he taught. We were in an empty classroom, and he was dressed in a coat and tie, looking perfectly civilized. Not having any inkling of what I was very roughly to get your hands on, I proceeded to ask him for the daylight off below the mistaken belief that having a softball-sized boil upon my knee credited me to skip practice. Unfortunately he proverb this as just other lame marginal note and blew up. "You can't afford to skip practice today," he informed me in his ominous "I'm perturbed" publicize, "but if you lead, campaigning ahead and skip the blazing of the season too."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Choose to Cast Voodoo Spells for Love that Work?

   People are skeptical about using a powerful voodoo spell for different reasons. Some still hold the belief that voodoo love spells are pr...