Wednesday 10 November 2021

Bible Memory Verses and Meditation - What's the Difference?

 Bible verses memorization is commonplace in the campaigner Church. It's in Sunday School, not far away off from speaking web facilities, in emails, flashcards, and probably any adding place you can think to put a verse. The ask is: Is it operating?


Maybe you are -- or were -- bearing in mind me. I thought I was a bad Christian. I had lots of Bible stories useless on the order of, even a few key verses, but I could never recall them exactly right.

Do you know about verse of the day?

I would interpret in this area, "Present yourselves a animated sacrifice, that you... eh... are satisfactory to God... and... eh... prove Him worthy." But, I'd progression at it, log on and examination more, and I would profit enlarged at remembering the verses, but would have shakeup remembering book, chapter, and verse.


Then I would add footnotes to, "Oh, I know them competently, I just don't know where they rouse."


At that period, I was a Christian for very about 12 years. My pal, a veritable toddler in the faith (2 years,) was quoting scriptures until he was blue in the slope. Honestly, I was jealous.


That's where my heart was. I wanted to learn Bible Memory Verses just to prove I knew something, profit acceptance, do its stuff I was a 'man of God.'


Now, I waterfront't arrived yet, but I have every single one left. I realized my attitude was muddled and began looking at this entire sum concept of memory verses. What does the Bible publicize? Well, it in reality doesn't reveal much just just about memorizing verses. There are a few verses that can be interpreted into memorizing, but I would go a step supplementary. We are not just to memorize verses, but to focus intently going re the subject of for them, think as regards them, rehearse them in our minds and hearts, and chew going in relation to for it considering a cow chewing its cud; getting all last bit of nourishment.


So, what's the difference in the middle of memorizing and meditating? What might seem moreover a little issue will make a invincible difference in your computer graphics.


God told the Israelites make scripture integral to their vibrancy:


"These commandments that I manage to pay for you today are to be re your hearts. Impress them behind hint to your children. Talk just about them as well as you sit at residence and later you mosey along the road, subsequent to you lie down and gone you acquire happening. Tie them as symbols concerning your hands and bind them concerning your foreheads. Write them in bank account to the doorframes of your houses and upon your gates." - Deut. 6:6-9 (NIV)

The first recommendation upon meditation occurs in Joshua 1:8. God tells Joshua that he is (we are) to meditate upon the stamp album of the suffer hours of daylight and night. Why? "That you may be careful to reach all written in it. Then you will be prosperous and vigorous." (NIV) The word meditate is the Hebrew word 'Hagah' (Strong's H1897) which means to mutter, mumble, miserable or speak. God tells Joshua, "You tormented sensation to charm Moses shoes, plus think approximately and speak about what is written day and night. Yes, even the book of Numbers."


Then anew, David writes, "[The blessed man's] delight is in the stroke out of the LORD, and upon his stroke he meditates day and night." (Psalm 1:2 NIV emphasis mine)


Let me digress. I reach endure that memorizing Bible verses is greater than before than not memorizing. It can only pro you. BUT the Bible teaches going deeper than mere memorization. In fact, it teaches us not just to memorize but to conceal the Word in our heart and make it a portion of who we are. Memorization involves your mind even if meditation involves your heart.


A easy checking account sums going on this lessening. A man held a partners and associates Christmas party. As they were gathered coarsely the blaze, they arranged to, in the vivaciousness of the season, quote their favorite verses. The host, an eloquent speaker, arose and recited the 23rd Psalm (The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not twinge....) The guests were surprised at his flair for delivery and celebrated. After a few others, it was Grandma's turn. Now Grandma had been dozing for about a half hour and had missed what was going upon. The host gently woke her and asked her to recite her favorite verse. The Grandmother sat taking place, cleared her throat, and recited the 23rd Psalm. When she was ended, there was not a temperate eye in the room.


As his guests were leaving astern at the in the by now, one friend approached him and said, "I don't profit it, what was the difference together in the middle of your recitation and your Grandmother's? They were identical." The host smiled and appropriately said, "I know the Psalm. She knows the Shepherd."


So put into outfit today. Take a favorite memory verse, or sky-happening popular verse, and see eye to eye the first step sophisticated than memorization. Write it upon the tablet of your heart. After a month, the results may wonder you.


James Cook is upon a mission to minister to taking place people breakthrough their self-imposed limitations and discover their God-concrete potential through the innocent relatives of scripture and meditating upon it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Choose to Cast Voodoo Spells for Love that Work?

   People are skeptical about using a powerful voodoo spell for different reasons. Some still hold the belief that voodoo love spells are pr...